Central California NAVHDA training days are held monthly at the Goose Lake dog training grounds. The cost is $5 per dog.
Mark Your Calendars. Next training date set for Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. at Goose Lake dog training grounds!
September 8, 2019 CenCal NAVHDA Training Day (Price Per Dog)
Training fee for one dog for the CenCal NAVHDA training day at Goose Lake dog training grounds, 15077 Main Drain Road, Wasco, California. Grounds open: 6:15 a.m. Training meeting (mandatory): 7:00 a.m. Training 7:15 a.m. Please meet at kiosk and we will go out to pond as a group. Sign in and out of book at kiosk. Sign CRTA waiver form and send to CenCalNAVHDA@gmail.com.
SEPTEMBER TRAINING DATE SET!
Our September training date is set for Sunday, September 8, 2019 at the Goose Lake dog training grounds located at 15077 Main Drain Road, Wasco, CA. The Goose Lake grounds open at 6:30 a.m. Please do not enter the grounds prior to its opening time. The required training meeting will begin at 7:00 a.m. with training to follow at approximately 7:15 a.m. Camping is available with monthly and yearly fees.
OCTOBER 2019 TRAINING DATE
October training date is not yet.
On May 7, 2018, the California Retrievers Training Association approved amending their Rules and Roles to allow the Central California NAVDHA Inc. as a member club. The Central California NAVHDA, Inc. was accepted as a California Retrievers Training Association member club on June 5, 2018.Central California NAVHDA, Inc. was recognized as a California non-profit corporation on April 6, 2018 by the California Secretary of State. You can view the corporation’s public information by searching the corporation name at the California Secretary of State business search.
CRTA Rules Governing Goose Lake (as taken from section IV(A) of the 2018 CRTA Roles and Rules)
- Goose Lake grounds open for training from one-half hour before sunrise to one- half hour after sunset.
- Only CRTA members, and member clubs’ members on club training days, are permitted to use CRTA grounds, with the exception of guest use in accordance with [CRTA] ..Role & Rules. NOTE: Central California NAVDHA is a member club.
- Each member and guest must sign in at the entry kiosk each day prior to using the grounds. Upon completion of use each day, each member and guest must sign out at the kiosk.
- Prior to entry onto and use of the ground each year, each member and each guest shall sign and deliver a CRTA-approved form of “hold harmless” agreement protecting the property owners and CRTA and their respective officers, directors and employees from property damage and public liability.
- Cars and trucks must remain on established roads and parking areas. In wet weather cars and trucks must remain on all-weather (gravel) roads and parking areas.
- Central California NAVHDA, Inc.’s insurance policy does not cover the use of ATV’s. So, no ATV use is permitted on CRTA grounds for Central California NAVHDA, Inc.’s training days and events. ATV users that are members of CRTA and using the Goose Lake Grounds as a CRTA user may use ATVs. ATV users must operate ATV’s safely and be respectful of the habitat.
- All closed gates must be reclosed, and all locked gates must be relocked after passing through.
- Special care must be observed concerning smoking and the use of matches. In addition, no smoking is allowed on CRTA grounds during the dry season except inside vehicles.
- All garbage, debris, shell casings, and other trash must be picked up immediately and properly disposed of in trash receptacles or removed from the grounds. Used dog box bedding must be removed from the grounds and may not be dumped on the grounds at any time.
- All blind markers, “no-birds,” and any other items used for training must be removed from the field at the end of the training session. “Lost and Found” items may be left at/claimed at the entry kiosks.
- Lead shot is not to be used on any CRTA property.
- No hunting for wild birds or animals is permitted by CRTA members on the grounds.
- Motorized equipment shall not be driven on observation mounds.
- The maximum speed allowed is … 15 MPH.
- “Roading” dogs (exercising dog from a moving car or truck) is not allowed.
- Puppies under the age of seven weeks are not allowed on CRTA grounds. Puppies shall not be whelped on the grounds. No training of puppies under 16 weeks, or prior to two weeks past their completed their parvo vaccinations, whichever is later.
- The storage containers including the bird freezers located in containers, the bird pens, and the parking areas in the Goose Lake Area Caretaker’s area are not available for CRTA Member use other than use by an event-hosting Member Club during licensed events held at Goose Lake and to access the kiosk, portable toilet and dumpster.
- CRTA Members may install temporary bird pens and one community bird freezer (freezer shall be available to any CRTA Member) at Goose Lake in the areas designated by the Area Caretaker.
- Part or all of the grounds may be closed by the management of CRTA on a limited number of occasions for maintenance or other special occasions.
- Guests of members must be accompanied by their Member host at all times. Children under the age of 18 of members are considered guests of the members when on the grounds. Members are solely responsible for the minor’s safety and conduct. Minor children must wear safety glasses and ear protection when shooting or throwing.